Czech Space Week: VZLU presented the plans for the first Czech satellite constellation
20. 11. 2019 - During the space industry days held in the planetarium Brno VZLU representatives presented a new Czech space industry integration project - Czech satellite constellation.
Project AFLoNext has been awarded with the ICAS von Kármán Award for International Cooperation in Aeronautics
31. 10. 2019 - The main objective of the AFLoNext project was by means of local application of the active flow control technologies to reduce drag, noise and vibration levels and thereby improving aircraft performance and thus reducing the environmental footprint. The consortium of 40 participants from 15 countries was led by Airbus
VZLU opens new branch in Brno
20. 9. 2019 - Czech Aerospace Research Centre opens new branch in Brno with exclusive focus on space projects.
The ground vibration tests of the L-39NG prototype has been completed
5. 9. 2019 - During this summer, the L-39NG is undergoing certification tests in the Czech Aerospace Research Centre (VZLU). In addition to the strength tests, which we have already informed about, VZLU specialists are also performing ground vibration tests directly at the aircraft´s manufacturer site - in the hangers of Aero Vodochody Aerospace.
Czech nanosatelite VZLUSAT-1 celebrated two years on orbit
23. 6. 2019 - On 23.6. the first Czech nanosatellite celebrated two years on orbit, the VZLUSAT-1 still transmits scientific data and some solutions used during the satellite construction are already being prepared for commercial use. The average life expectancy of CubeSats in general is around 1.1 years. Therefore, the VZLUSAT-1 entered to an elite group of approximately 15% of CubeSats, which are able to operate for two years and more.
New fire-resistant composite structures are being developed in VZLU
11. 6. 2019 - VZLU cooperates together with DLR and ALENIA on development of the composite materials within the P7 program “Mitigate risks of fire, smoke and fumes”, new composite materials reduce the possibility of fire occurrence and its spreading and consequent danger caused by the combustion fumes in the interior of aircraft.
Certification tests of L-39NG continue in VZLU.
7. 6. 2019 - VZLU (Czech Aerospace Research Centre) took over from the Aero Vodochody AEROSPACE the second prototype of L-39NG with the designation 7002 for certification tests. The aircraft, which has been transported to Letňany in several subassemblies (front and middle fuselage, rear fuselage with vertical stabilizer, wing, canopy), is subjected to static tests of the airframe. Between the tests also the strength and stiffness test of the mechanical control system of the airplane will take place.
Annual composite seminar in Czech Aerospace Research Centre
1. 5. 2019 - On April 18, 2019, Czech Aerospace Research Centre organized annual scientific seminar reflecting the latest development in the field of composites in aerospace.