Revolution in small satellite engines is being prepared in Czechia
21. 11. 2018 - SpaceLab EU and VZLU have entered into a partnership under which they will work together to develop a unique air-breathing ion propulsion engine.
VZLU is involved in booster development for ARIANE 6 launcher
7. 11. 2018 - Czech Aerospace Research Centre (VZLU) and MT Aerospace (MTA) signed an agreement for the development and qualification testing of parts for the new European launcher ARIANE 6.
Czech nanosatellite VZLUSAT-1 celebrates 500 days on the orbit
5. 11. 2018 - On 5th November the Czech nanosatellite VZLUSAT-1 celebrates 500 days on the orbit. During its mission, the satellite has been collecting the data for the earth radiation research and testing performance of the new Czech composite material for space use.
VZLU is involved in the development of the new L-39NG training aircraft
15. 10. 2018 - The festive roll-out of the new L-39NG jet took place on October 12 at Aero Vodochody.
Chinese delegation visit to VZLU
12. 9. 2018 - On 9 September an initial meeting was held between the VZLU management and the Chinese company CASIC about a possible collaboration on research projects.
THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST FLIGHT OF THE AERO L-39 ALBATROS PROTOTYPE
10. 8. 2018 - The 50th anniversary of the first L-39 Albatros prototype take-off will be held which was piloted by VZLU´s chef pilot Rudolf Duchoň.
VZLU Aerodynamics Department was accepted as a member of the SATA
26. 6. 2018 - VZLU Aerodynamics Department was accepted as of the SATA association. SATA (The Subsonic Aerodynamic Testing Association) represents worldwide organizations involved in low-speed aerodynamic tunnel testing.
VZLU enters Horiozn 2020 program with UHURA project
6. 6. 2018 - Jointly with the German aerospace research centre DLR and Airbus, VZLU will be involved in the project of non-stationary flow of high-lift aerodynamic systems.